Blue Water District Youth Motown Mission Trip
July 30 - August 5
The Blue Water District Mission Team is excited to offer a Motown Mission Experience this July 30 – August 5, 2017, for any youth, 6th-12th grade (ages 11-18). We are in the initial process of planning, but here is what we know so far.
- The cost for each participant will be no more than $300 per person. We are working with both the conference and the district to see if there are grants available that would help to offset some of the cost.
- If there is a church that would like to prepare dinner during the week, that would also help to lessen the cost.
- We are looking to put together teams of seven for each work team (five youth and two adults). These teams would be assembled at a later date by specific work project. Our goal is to encourage youth and adults from different churches to get to know other youth and adults from within the district.
- There will be a variety of projects to work on: Urban gardens, children’s ministry, yard clean-up, meal serving, minor home repair, and others.
- Any person, 18 or older, that wishes to go on the trip must be Safe Sanctuary Certified through the Michigan Area Conference (training dates will be made available).
If you are ready to commit to this trip, you may do so by signing up here: https://goo.gl/forms/umyWdJ9weLwr92492.
As more details become finalized we will pass them on. In the meantime, you are encouraged to do the following:
- Pray for the planning and execution of this mission trip.
- Begin promoting this into your church, youth group, and community.
- See if your church would prepare dinner one night during the trip.
- Talk with your congregation about the importance of being engaged in mission.
- Check out Motown Mission at motownmission.org.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Rev. Curtis Clarke, Blue Water District Mission Team Chair, at